Excel and NETDDE

ControlLogix

Hi guys,

I am doing a little project to get information onto my desktop from approximately 99 PLCs and 66 SCADA applications (Intouch).

I have got the information into Excel but now I want to be able to write from Excel to some of the PLC registers.

I have looked at the code to do this but it doesn't seem to work for me (Office 2000 Pro). It appears that the Poke command etc are no longer supported. Can anybody offer me any way forward on this small problem of mine?

Thanks,

Colm

DDE - Excel poke demo sheet

I have a demo sheet you can use which was used for a Logix processor. Shows the basics for setting up data reads and a button to poke three values simultaneously.
Excell 2000 (9.0....)

If you are using RSLinx as your DDE server and are trying to poke values greater than 999 you may need to remove the thousands seperator (comma by default) from the value before the poke. Linx will not write values which contain this character.