EXOR Jmobile Javascript access system values

BryanG

Newbie question for an EXOR Jmobile javascript problem. I want to access at least one of the system values, but I am stumped on which javascript to use. At the moment it is just the DateTime that I want, which I know I could get with
Code:
var date = new Date();
but the formatting is different to that I get by grabbing a TimeDate widget from the Controls folder. I can start splitting the date variable above, but I am hoping there is a way to access formatted system variables.

If you know of information about how to use javscript within Jmobile that would help as well. The Jmobile manual is a bit sparse and any javascript manuals have way way too much information for me at this stage :) Drought or drown.

Thank you for the reply and the links. I was hoping to be able to use the HMI internal value because it is automatically adjusted for locality settings. Besides there are other internal values that I also want to grab. I am stubborn as h*ll and will keep trying different formats for the code, something will work, eventually :) If Exor had a Forum I would have asked there. I will maybe have to email Exor, from the list on their website I don't have any local support, I am just 'worldwide'.

Figured it. I had to add System Variables in the Protocols section and then go to the Tags section and add the Tag for System Time. Then I could access the System Time Tag in javascript with a 'project.getTag'. There is nothing like keeping things simple :)

Love it when a plan comes together.

edit:

Except that SystemTime as a Widget is formatted, and SystemTime as a Tag is just a Unsigned Integer, Ggrrrr. So I will have to go to getting the Day, Month, Year, Minutes and Seconds individually and then format it myself. Which is what I was trying to avoid in the first place..

Last edited: