explicit Messaging to control a PowerFlex40E

ahmeduqat

Hello

I am using explicit messaging to control the PowerFlex40 E with my controllogix, I can read from the refernce and logic commands but when I try to write values, it gives me a message 16#0010 that the Mode or State of module does not allow the object to perform requested service.

Any Ideas plz.

regards.

No, I just want to do it out of curiosity. I can read the command but I can't write it to the command register. I don't know what is a reason for that.

That drive specifically will not let you write to the Output assemblies. It requires an ordinary cyclic I/O connection and prevents you from even trying to run the drive in an incorrect, inappropriate, and unsupported way.

Other A-B drives will let you try, with SLC-500 data table emulation. But not this one, with explicit messaging to the I/O assemblies.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !