Explicit Messaging

Gio926

Hello all,

I am running an L43 compactlogix which is the master for a Fanuc robot with R30iB controller. I am using explicit messaging to send variable to the robot. This part of the system I have figured out. My question lies with reusing the MSG variable in the PLC programming.

Say I have a MSG variable called MSG_1. It is triggered by Trigger_1. This message sends Variable_1 to the robot when triggered. Can I now use the same message (MSG_1), triggered by Trigger_2, that sends Variable_2 to a different location?

My whole thing behind this is that I'm setting up a remote HMI station for which I am adding quote a lot of functions and I am trying to be as memory conscious as possible. On that note, do you guys know if MSG tags take up a lot of space?

THank you!

To make it cleaner, and easier for someone else to follow, I would use two MSG instructions.
However, if both locations on the Robot end are consecutive addresses, then you could send them both each time, and have two triggers.