Explicit MSG to PowerFlex40 (Multidrive)

Xian

[font=Arial, Verdana]Hi,[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana]I'm looking for some help with a particular feature we've used with other Dnet connected drives. In the past, when a drive faults we use an explicit message to read the fault code from the drive and display it and a brief discription of what that particular code means. Over current, phase loss, etc.[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana]In our current configuration we are running RSLogix 5000 v15 on a L32 with Dnet scanner. We have two PowerFlex 40s sharing one 22-COMM-D.[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana]I have the manuals for the drives and comm card but I've ran into some issues.[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana]1. When I set up the explicit message in the plc like the example (Get Single Attribute, Service Code e, Class f, Instance 17454, Attribute 1) it changes to Parameter Read as soon as I accept.[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana]2. Will the drive return the fault code as a hex value? I don't have a drive available yet to test, but would like to get a jump on the programming. A decimel value would be ideal, in that I could use it to parse out a string message for the Panelview.[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana]Any info, help or suggestions would be appreciated.[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana]Thanks[/font]