Extra protection "door" on HMI

That's a god input having the hinge on the buttom. If the FIBOX solution doesn't selfhold (is this the right word?) in position, I can mount it with the hinge on the buttom. The FIBOX solution seems really good actually, good price too. Waiting on BrianGs experience if they selfhold (again, the word? ;) ) or not.

We use Vynckier DT COVER to cover HMI's. It will fit 6-10" Panel View Plus. It is not expensive and good quality, easy to install. Alex

Yes, Vynckier seems like an other option, although it isn't smoked. However I don't know if I can find i t in Sweden.

Do the door stay in place? I wan't to mount it to open the door up.

I think that the self hold would be very doubtful. I only have a smaller version on the shelf, I have had a play and that one definitely doesn't self hold. So bottom hinging may be the answer, or fit a mechanical restraint. Depending on how tight a fit the HMI is you could use a small gas strut under the window. If you bottom hinge you will need to train the guys on how to get a 'good closure', you have to give the window a bit of a thump to get the clips to latch properly.

I think that the self hold would be very doubtful. I only have a smaller version on the shelf, I have had a play and that one definitely doesn't self hold. So bottom hinging may be the answer, or fit a mechanical restraint. Depending on how tight a fit the HMI is you could use a small gas strut under the window. If you bottom hinge you will need to train the guys on how to get a 'good closure', you have to give the window a bit of a thump to get the clips to latch properly.

Thanks alot for the answer. I think that bottom hinged isn't to good after all since it will collect the rain on rainy days. The HMI is alot smaller then what I plan to buy so maybe a mechanical solution is the way to go. I will buy it and come back with how it worked out :)

Vynckier is from Belgium,I doubt it will be issue to buy it in Europe. We use hinge on left side, so you can open and do not need to hold window while working on HMI. It will fit up to 12" HMI, but will not fit 15" Panel View. For UV protection we add from inside cover any regular UV protection films for windows, any type that usually you can buy in any home builder store like Home Depot. Alex

Thanks Almk, I just didn't find it with a quick search. Good suggestion, I even think that AB have a protection film for their panels I can use.

Iant, it is to big, but otherwise really good with the solution for holding the door up :)

It have gotten alot of suggestions here and I'm sure I can make use of it. First I will try the FIBOX and see how it works.

If I understand it correct it's a door I mount inside a enclosure, and it doesn't have a transparent glas for my HMI. I don't think it's the product I'm looking for unfortunally.

Half right. The Rittal catalogue is huge.
You can get the front door with a Perspex insert.
The internal panel is where you mount your HMI
You could mount this 90 deg. This panel is a wall mount type

Yea it's huge alright, we use the Rittal AE cabinets alot :)

I can't see how I mount this on my cabinet thought, and on my rittal page it says that it is outgoing model.