Ez Rj45 Crimping System

Jesper

Do yau have a part number for it. I want to get some to try.
Sorry, I dont know how I managed to stumple upon it. I think I found via google, but now I cannot locate it again.
Phoenix Contact's website is maybe the most frustrating one I know. They have some good products, if you can find them.

We run normal CAT5/CAT6, and always terminate the cables to either patch-panels, or individual RJ45 Female receptacles. All patch panels or receptacles are the standard .110 punch-down type. Then we run a short pre-made patch cord.

A bit more work? yep. But at 10 or more times the reliability of terminating any cable directly into an RJ45 plug, and considering the huge number of Ethernet connections here, reliability is paramount.

This is how our IT group requires us to do any connection to the plant network. We still crimp for IO network stuff however. We haven't had any reliability issues, and we do it by hand using a Harris ratcheting crimper we bought at a nearby electrical supply house.

Rdrast

Are there din rail mount/type of ethernet receptacles?

Is this what you are using receptacle inside your panel?

This does sound like a better way.

Something like this? https://www.asi-ez.com/member/~16001.asp?Dept_ID=026

I cant find what Jesper pictured, but I did find this: http://eshop.phoenixcontact.com/pho...=2744610&parentUID=852339374&reloadFrame=true

Last edited:
Well, since I forbid crimping RJ45's on here, I don't have much use for that :)

Considering a Bubba's (my) responsibility requires terminating 12.5Kv, 4160, 575, 480, 280, 277, 240, 120, 4-20ma, 0-10, -10 - +10, rs232, 422, 485, harting, amphenol, BNC, DH+, who knows, "the plug burned up, just solder it to the encoder terminal" connections. Why is terminating a RJ45 plug so off limits?

Ultimately, I don't have a decent punch down tool, so you've convinced me to go out and buy one, and use it...(y)

I've had pretty good success with the RJ45 Quickon connectors from Phoenix Contact. They assemble without tools and I've never had one go bad (yet). Unfortunately they are a little pricey ($20/ea) but our Harting rep was in the other day and said they have a similar connector for half the price.

809-0860.jpg

I have managed to locate the Phonix Contact DIN rail receptable that I mentioned before:
http://eshop.phoenixcontact.co.uk/phoenix/treeViewClick.do?UID=1658118&parentUID=852343348
I would like to know good it is as well as the price if someone decide to try it out.

About the less expensive Harting Connector, I think maybe it is the type we used to use, HARTING part # 0945151110000 (RS Components 465-9678). This one only connects 4 of the wires for 100-baseTX. It worked OK, but was slightly fiddly to assemble. Because of this we went from Harting to the previously mentioned Siemens connector. The Harting connector costs approx 8 Euro, and the Siemens connector 12 Euro (what I remember off the top of my head).