ezTouch universal Ethernet - Problems Writing to Compactlogix Tag Structures

terry56

Heres what I have:
(1)ezTouch model EZ-T10C-FU Touch screen with Universal Ethernet port.
(2)1769-L35E/A LOGIX5335E PLC

I am having issues writing to structured tags. I never have issues reading any structured tags though. Results of testing show various results that do not make sense of why some structures can be written to and some cant.
For example (all are type BOOL):
(1)pump1.vibrationFail_DI.scanDisable - OK, can set on/off.
(2)zDeepTag5_123456789012345678901234567890.a123456789012345678901234567890123456789 -OK, can set on/off.
(3)zTag16.cfg.notInstalled - NOT OK, CANNOT set on/off.
(4)valves.valveOne.scadaAuto - NOT OK, CANNOT set on/off.

Anybody else seeing problems like this?

Ok. Just to be clear. These tags live in the PLC, correct? If they do, have you toggled them in the PLC and been able to see this change on the HMI?

One thing you could try - if you haven't already - is to write come code in the PLC so that one of the working tags also toggles the value of one that does not. If this is successful, the problem is most likely in the HMI code itself.

Steve

Yes, you are close Steve.
EzAutomation Tech said my best option is to create a new, short flat tag and alias it to my problem tag. ;(