Factory Talk Studio ME button

40mpg

Hello all,

I have two navigation button used to move between screens. Both of the button is tied to the SAME tag in the code, not sure why,

my question is: when I press play, the button does not get drawn and only its outline. I can see the button fine in edit mode.

Screen shots attached. Anybody have an idea why this is happening?

Offline.JPG run.JPG

What you are seeing is called "wireframing". This usually is tied to animation and lets us know there is an error with the animation. Usually in the expression for the animation. You should see a Diagnostic List along the bottom of your screen. When you test the display (press play), you will probably see error messages appear in that list that might give you more detail.

A button might have Visibility animation to hide it under certain conditions. Right-click on the button and select Animation. Then see if Visibility has a check. If so, then it is animated. Click on Visibility to see the visibility animation configuration.

And thank you for including screen shots!

OG

Last edited:
That was it! There was an expression under Animation for the group. The expression was still referencing the old PLC that was just replaced.

Thank you!