Factorytalk activation when there is a RAID 1 in the PC.

That serial number is associated with the disk volume, which is basically a logical drive. This most likely gets assigned when you build the volume and doesn't get removed when rebuilding the array. However, if you accidently remove the volume you will probably be hosed. I'm not sure if you can masquerade/spoof/manually set the volume ID - I doubt it

So if we're correct (better to verify with Rockwell directly), going back to the OP, RAID doesn't increase the risk of losing your activation.

JesperMP said:
I have investigated this FTA + RAID stuff a little further.
It turns out that the Host ID is not related directly to the disk itself, but to the volume serial number of the C: partition.
On the PC there was both a C: and a D: partition, but only the serial no of the C: partition could be selected as host ID.

So I assume (verification pending) that either of the HDs can fail, and the activation will still be valid.

One thing is that I thought that the serial number was related to the HD itself, so one could repartition the HD without the license being lost. Now I am not so sure.