FactoryTalk Historian SE Tag Intermittent Logging

poolmania

Hi. I have a strange issue with Points added to the Historian where they update for 1 minute and then stop updating for a period and then start updating again.

Background: We had a corruption on our FactoryTalk Historian Server. Tried reloading the historian server and FLTD as well PI SMT but there were many problems which was freezing the PI Archive subsystem. Long story short, we did a clean install of the system. We got it working again and it was working 100% until we noticed the following:

1. We initially added about 10 points to the Historian and were updating perfectly in the FLTD Test Client and the PI SMT.
2. We then bulk added about 1000 Tags after this test. Again everything looked like it was updating but started to notice in the archive displays that the points were updating normal for about a minute and then would freeze for about 3 minutes or so and then start updating.
3. We then deleted the 1000 points added and left the original 10 points. Once this was done, the points would start to update normally again without any pausing/freezing.
4. We then added about 40 points, then the points would update for a minute and then pause for 22 seconds and this would repeat exactly the same.
5. We then added another 70 points, then the points would update for a minute and then this time would pause for about 50 seconds.

It is clear that the more tags you add, the longer the pause/freezing period happens and each time it freezes, it is exactly the same time period.

This freezing of the points happens on both the FLTD Test client and PI-SMT.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and more importantly, any idea how to resolve it?