FactoryTalk Runtime issue. Cannot create 6.1

Hello,

I am having an issue creating a runtime in version 6.1. This is the first time I have had this problem. In the past I have created runtime versions 6.1 for PVP6 1000 terminals. In this case I am using a PVP6 600 terminal, and the only options are 5.1 and older.

the problem is I have a terminal with 6.1 firmware, so when i try to transfer the 5.1 runtime it gives an error. It says something like connected terminal is not a valid ME format. So i need to make my runtime in 6.1 but the factory talk view software will not allow it.

what am i doing wrong here?

FactoryTalk.JPG

What version of Factorytalk View ME are you using? It looks like you are using Ver 6.10.
You need to use Ver 7 or 8 to be able to create a 6.1 runtime for the PVP600.

I am using 6.1.

Thanks for the information, that sounds exactly like something rockwell would do. Does version 8 have a substantial difference from 7?

The PVP600 the uses a runtime greater that ver5.1 is a new product. I think this is why the old software does not support it. As far as the differences between FTView ver 7 and 8 go most of the changes are related to adding new products and adding new features to the software.

You can build 5.10 version MER and it will run just fine on the 6.10 version PVP (only exception is activeX control cannot cross from v5 to v6+).
The PVP 400/600 skipped firmware version 6, which is why you don't see that as an option for your MER build.

PanelView Plus Run-time>General section
http://compatibility.rockwellautoma...x?crumb=113&toggleState=&versions=54246,54235

Is it the download that is failing? You could try copying the project over with an SD card or USB stick and see if that runs.

Otherwise, yes you will need to update to either version 7 or 8 to download over Ethernet.
If you do, go to version 8. Anyone with security user accounts will want version 8.