factorytalk view runtime on Industrial PC (HMI)

italo2008

Hello

I have a FactoryTalk View ME project (.apa file) and I have to make it run on our industrial PC (windows based).

My question is: What I have to download and install on the industrial PC in order to run the application? Should I install entire Factorytalk view ME?

Is it possible to install only Factorytalk view Station?

thank you

You need FactoryTalk ME Station to run the application on a PC. You don't need the full ME install on the PC.

You need FactoryTalk View ME to restore the APA and make a MER. The MER is the file that will run on ME Station. That can be done on another machine. I'm sure someone here would help generate a MER for you if needed (myself included)

Thank you all.

Now I have installed FT ME Station on HMI, I can run my application (Just one page at the moment). I didn't activate the runtime license yet, because I want to test everything before activate it.

The problem I have now is that it seems the runtime application does not communicate with PLC.

I tried, in FactoryTalk Studio, to use "offline tags" or "Online tags" ( I have also the PLC on my desk). in FT Studio I see all the online tags, but afte downloading and run application, runtime seems not to see any tag. The HMI can ping the PLC normally.

What should I look in order to solve the problem? Can be due to the fact the License is not active yet? Should I configure something on FT ME Station on HMI?

Thank you

Map your shortcut to the Runtime Tab in Communication setup. Studio uses the Design Tab Shortcut and the .MER file uses the Runtime Shortcut.

Communication Setup.PNG

Dear all,

I have a PLC and SIS program that are simulated with the emulator.
In the other hand I added them in the communication setup and the device with the right ethernet adress (but not the right reference for the industrial pc I choosed a random panelview) in FTview studio and created a runtime. I then copied the runtime in the industrial pc.

when I open the runtime in my pc and simulate the program it works but in the industrial pc it doesn't. Can you please help me figure where the problem is ?

PS: when I ping to the adress the VM find it
Thanks,