FactoryTalk SE v13 Alarm as DWord

sicka

I'm trying to set alarm as DWord where each bit is individual alarm.
So far I have tryed with
DWord.0, DWord.1, DWord.2, etc.
DWord.L0, DWord.L1, DWord.L2, etc.
{Word.0}, {DWord.1n}, {DWord.2}, etc.
DWord & 1, DWord & 2, DWord & 4, etc.

What am I doing wrong?

jgTdZSy

If you are using the built-in alarm function:

In FTV, under Alarm Setup > Triggers tab > Trigger Settings: > set Trigger type: to "Bit".

In Messages tab, set the Trigger to your Dword, set Trigger value to the bit number. Bit number is 1 through 32 which corresponds to Bit 0 through 31.

are you talking about ME or SE?
I'm using SE and when I open alarm server I have only this:

Imag1.png Imag2.png

Last edited:
For FTSE, when you create a new alarm, select Digital alarm. When you browse for the Input Tag you won't be able to select the individual bit. Select the integer (SINT, INT, DINT) tag, then when the tag browser is closed you must edit the tag reference to add the bit number.

For FTSE, when you create a new alarm, select Digital alarm. When you browse for the Input Tag you won't be able to select the individual bit. Select the integer (SINT, INT, DINT) tag, then when the tag browser is closed you must edit the tag reference to add the bit number.

Thank you clintm, but what is the correct syntax?
I tried with Tag_DInt.0, {Tag_DInt.0}, but this doesn't work.

thth9.png vqrrqev.png

This syntax works on a SE Distributed system we are working on currently:

/area::[Shortcut]Tag.bit

Make your bit work on a graphic display element first. The alarm syntax will be the same.

Sorry, I didn't told whole story. I'm using Factory talk v13, Kepware as OPC and Siemens S7-1500 as PLC. What I figured now: if I create local tag (INT, DINT, WORD) I can access individual bit (same as you can when using RSLogix). If I try this with tags in Kepware it doesn't work. Anyone have some ideas?