FactoryTalk Urgent Help required

obi1987

I am new with FactoryTalk and I have to modify the HMI which had some work already be done. Currently I am facing a problem how i open a popup from button/rectangle.

Second I found string display properties connection tab and here value={#1.NAME}
what is this #1.NAME.

I have to create these to all other value also.

It sounds like you're using FactoryTalk View ME, for a PanelView Plus. Please let us know if you're actually using the larger FactoryTalk View SE PC-based software system.

The User Manual is the first place to start. It's installed along with FactoryTalk View Studio, or you can download it for free from the RA Literature Website. The publication number is VIEWME-UM004.

Opening a "pop up" is basic screen navigation. In FactoryTalk View ME, Screen Navigation buttons are a separate category of objects; you can select them from the objects menu.

Be sure to make that Display the proper size and open at the desired location, by configuring the Display Properties.

The "#1.NAME" syntax is using a Placeholder. It allows you to re-use a single display or object by subsituting different tags depending on what object or action opens the display.

You'll find a Parameter File in which #1 = ATag and #2= AnotherTag.

This is fairly simple but not a beginner function. Again, it's well described in the User Manual.

Thanks Ken.Its so nice of you.

yes I am using FactoryTalk View ME.I found Parameter Information and hoping also found the popup opening as I am searching it in Help.

My preference is to use a global object to do this. Its just easier to debug. I would use the touch animation from the right click drop down then you can activate the menu to select a Release Action. There you can add a Display Command from the list of "All Commands and Macros" and it will walk you through setting it up. (I'm assuming you have the screen developed).

I do this as a global object in FactoryTalk View Studio SE Network addition but I'm sure its similar. Convert all the parameters and even the screen name to parameters like #1, #2 and it will end up looking something like this

Display #10 /T#1,#2,#3,#4,#5,#6,#7,#8

Thats one I've done, then you can add this rectangle to the global objects library and left click select Global Object Parameter Definitions and add each #num as a Definition. It will look like this
#1 Parameter 1
#2 Parameter 2
#3 Parameter 3
#4 Parameter 5
#6 Parameter 6
#7 Parameter 7
#8 Button Name 1
#9 Button Name 2
#10 Screen to Open
#11 Press Action Output to Set
#12 Press Action Output Value

You can then paste this object from the library anywhere in your project, its now modular, and easy to configure/debug