FactoryTalk View- Display change

Thanks for the help. I am almost where I want to be.

One problem I am still having is the expression in for remote macro, I cannot include an OR function. I want to be able to say execute this macro if this tag or another tag changes.

Basically what I want to accomplish is have 10 buttons on a display. If one of those buttons is pressed, go to the next screen and change the value of a tag so I know which button was pressed.

If there is no simple way to do this, I could instead have 10 duplicated displays with unique display numbers

Please let me know what you think.

I don't think the macro method is really the way to go here for what you have described, but I'll clear up the OR for you so you'll know for future reference...

For the "OR" logical operand in an expression you must use parentheses ( ).

Example 1:

Tag1 is equal to 1 or Tag2 is equal 1 then expression is true...

(Tag1 == 1) OR (Tag2 == 1)

Example 2:

Tag1 is not equal to 0 or Tag2 is not equal to 0 then expression is true...

(Tag1 <> 0) OR (Tag2 <> 0)

Example 3:

Tag1 is equal to 10 or Tag2 is not equal to 5 then expression is true...

(Tag1 == 10) OR (Tag2 <> 5)

Similar to what I outlined earlier, I would use the RemoteDisplayNumber Global Connection and link it to a PLC tag which you can monitor in the program to see which display number has been navigated to. That is, which button has been pressed. You can use the value of this PLC tag (example "CurrentDisplayNumber") to decide which display has been navigated to and then set the relevant tag or tags to whatever value you want.

Regards,
George

Another suggestion I might add...

Instead of using 10 separate Goto Display buttons on your main display, or wherever, you could alternatively use a Display List Selector object which will give you a list of Displays to navigate through and select. This object does not provide graphical navigation buttons but you can also create key button objects for Up, Down and Enter and assign them to the Display List Selector object.

It won't really improve the functionality of how you navigate multiple Displays from one Display, but it might look better graphically.

It's just a suggestion in case you were not aware of the Display List Selector object.

Regards,
George

Thanks. I ended up not needing the to use macros and monitoring which display number like you suggested. It was useful to learn basics on how/when to use macros all the same.