FactoryTalk View Studio - Machine Edition (ME) - Open a Display Upon PLC Condition?

AdamSys

Hi Guys. I'm wondering if there is a way to trigger a display to open on FactoryTalk Machine Edition when a tag becomes active in the PLC.

I am very familiar with Site Edition and would use the action/command "Display graphic_name"

The only functions I can see to open displays are GoTo Display Button.

cAgEnyt.png

I know that in Wonderware I could create a script to do so; is similar capability available in FactoryTalk Machine Edition?

More information about my project:
  • PanelView Plus 400
  • CompactLogix 1769-L35E
  • FactoryTalk Version 5.10.00 (CPR 9 SR 2)

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks.

In your HMI project, go to "Global Connections" in the explorer and in the display tab, you can assign a tag to "Remote Display Number:".

The value in that tag will force that page open on your hmi.

Return that value to 0 to give back to the operator the ability to change page or else he will be stuck at the value you put in your tag.

You set the page numbers in the display settings page you get when you right click on a pages background.

also you can know what page the hmi is currently on by monitoring a tag you assign to "Replace Display Number:"

remote display.jpg

Last edited:
Go to global connections in the explorer and in the display tab, you can assign a tag to "replace display number:".

The value in that tag will force that page open on your hmi.

Return that value to 0 to give back to the operator the ability to change page or else he will be stuck at the value you put in your tag.

You set the page numbers in the display settings page you get when you right click on a pages background.

Thanks, I shall try this when I get my development Panelview. Appreciate your reply :) Thanks

Hi Guys. I'm wondering if there is a way to trigger a display to open on FactoryTalk Machine Edition when a tag becomes active in the PLC.

Short answer - Yes there is a way. Long answer, short - it's all in your project configuration...

If you open your project, and in your explorer window, click on Global Connections > Display tab. In your list you will see 'Remote Display Number'.

With this, you use the plc logic to call upon a specific display in the HMI project by a display number, which is assigned in the display settings > general tab.