FactoryTalk View Studio Programming Question

Krilun

Good Morning,

I designed some screens that were initially only to be used for a PV+ HMI. Recently, I was told that we'll be implementing IFix screens that will also control the PLC. I have a button on the View Studio Screens that can modify control, the IFix screens will have the same buttons as well.

My question is, based on the control bit (0 is IFix control, 1 is HMI control) can I somehow make the momentary push buttons not pushable if the HMI isn't in control without re-writting any logic?

Sugguestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks
-Ken

For FT View, you can make the buttons invisible when IFix is in control. Right-click on teh button, select Animation->Visibility, enter the tag and select the proper expression true state.

I know that, but I'd still want the users to be able to see the state of the button so if I hide them I'd have to make displays that display the status.

What about the touch feature? Is there a way to disable that based on a tag value? Can this be done using a parameter file? Never used one before

Can I do this by using a Macro? Whenever I try to Animate the touch value of a button i get a message that says this feature is not installed. I have the most update version of ME including the roll ups.

That's one beef I've always had with RSView...No standard Disable feature for a button that greys out the text. Both Wonderware and iFix have it, but not RSView. There are two workarounds:

A) Use the MSComm 2.0 Button ActiveX. It has the disable feature. (in SE, don't know if ME supports ActiveX)

B) Stack two buttons on top of each other. One button has no action associated with it and its text is greyed. The other button has the action associated with it and its text is black. Use Visibility to alternately display the one you need based on needing it enabled/disabled.

Instead of giving it a tag name use an expression. I don't have the s/w in front of me to verify this, but on the Connections tab can you select the expression button instead of the tag button?

OG

robertmee,

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll let you know how both your suggestions turn out. I thought of taking your B) approach but I thought because something was invisible doesn't mean its inactive. So I thought maybe touching an invisible push button might start the motor or something.

OG,

I tried developing some expression. The issue I kept running into was I wanted to state of the button to remain the same when it loses it control and IFix takes over. Logically, I couldn't see a perfect solution.