FactoryTalkView SE: Need Help, How to randomly change display screens every 10 sec ?

nochehuatl

đź“š
Working on a project where the HMI will display the production plant counts of all lines on one screen.
After 10 seconds change to display Production counts for each individual production line untill returning to the first screen.

I have all screens created but I want to dislay it in the middle of a production floor , like a score board ,
just not sure how to have displays cycle every 10 seconds in FTVSE.
I have seen display numbers in FTVME but not SE. Any help would be appreciated

:confused:

Random is an oxymoron when it comes to computers. Just make a lists of random screen numbers, maybe 50 or 100 of them...if you want to use a computer, have MS Excel calculate them for you.

Then just cycle through all of the values in the array...

How to get that value to a Display Number in SE I am not so sure...in ME you can right click the display and view its properties to give it a Display Number which can be tied to a PLC address under the project settings global tags...then put the logic to call that value in the PLC

Thanks for the response .
I'm interested, on how to change screens in SE not ME.
I have seen the global options in ME along with the screen display numbers within the display settings .

Does any one know where these options are in SE or maybe how to do it in a VB code? I have mainly 5 screens I want to display every 10 seconds. o_O

Why randomly? Couldn't display the same screens in the same order every time? You could use a macro with the display command and pause statements. Trigger the macro with an event detector. VBA would be another way too. But you need to be careful with VBA to program it to allow other VBA code to interrupt it if necessary.

The sequence of display changes can be in the same order every time . Im using ftv se 6.1 . I guesse a good example would be like the displays you would see change at at dmv or at an airport .

The sequence of display changes can be in the same order every time . Im using ftv se 6.1 . I guesse a good example would be like the displays you would see change at at dmv or at an airport .

Doesn't SE support display number controls?

And it's even simpler if it can just increment a number and roll it over...

It seems that in the PLC program you could set up a Counter to count 1 to 6, controlled by a 10-second bit, with the counter made to be self-resetting at a count of 6. Then use a tag for the counter accumulator to display Screens 1 to 5 as the counter counts from 1 to 5.

Thanks lancie1 ill take that into consideration, just got to figure out where the display numbers are located in SE . I didn't find them in display settings.