Fagor CNC (8055)

phuz

I've been asked to do a bit of an outside-the-norm project for one of my customers. They have a Fagor CNC (model 8055) and want to re-purpose it. Ironically, I know G-code and agreed to do the work. What I am trying to find out is if there is a way to program these via PC vs. punching everything on the keypad. I looked at the unit front and back and see no obvious signs of ease. There is a USB symbol on the front, but underneath the cover, there is no USB port, so I am thinking it may have been an option that was not purchased.

At this point, I'm just trying to get a quote together and there is a bit of a difference if I can program it in a txt file or if I need to do it directly on the panel.

The panel looks like the one in the pic below.
8055_cover-1.jpg

I just googled the machine name and number (never having seen one before) and found a site that has the operations manual online. From that it appears that there should be Ethernet access to the device that would allow you to directly manipulate the files via FTP and/or NFS connected hard drive somewhere.

The manual also mentions something called WinDNC which seems to be a program run on a Windows computer. The Caveat is that the manual mentions Windows 95, 98, 2000 and XP, so it may be problematic to get that running now days

I just googled the machine name and number (never having seen one before) and found a site that has the operations manual online. From that it appears that there should be Ethernet access to the device that would allow you to directly manipulate the files via FTP and/or NFS connected hard drive somewhere.

The manual also mentions something called WinDNC which seems to be a program run on a Windows computer. The Caveat is that the manual mentions Windows 95, 98, 2000 and XP, so it may be problematic to get that running now days

I saw that, but it conflicts with what I saw on the machine, so I was hoping to hear from someone who has actually touched one of these. Fagor is slow to reply and hasn't offered any solid info yet.

Many of those old 86 machines had a standard mother board. Most likely you can plug in a 3.5 floppy.
You should check with MasterCAM etc. You may find that you are reinventing the wheel. Those that were in the post business back then still support that old stuff as there is a lot still running.