Failed to find baud rate and parity

you use the same cable ... just the driver is different ...

if you can't get the PIC driver to run on your computer, then you'll probably have to buy an adapter which will provide the DH485 "protocol" (the "language") to make the connection ...

I've still got lots of questions about those pictures and about the program that you posted - but that can wait ... somewhere in all of this there IS a "reality" ... once we've got the connection made, then MAYBE we'll be able to figure out what's really going on ...

good luck with your project ... please let us know how it finally turns out ... others will be reading this thread in the future - and there's a lot here that would be confusing to tender young readers ...

Last edited:
Thanks kwade and Ron.
I finally communicate with the SLC 5/04 using a 1784-pcm5 AB cable.
But, I still have the problem that i cant go online the PV600, actually
the panel view has a RIO connection to the SLC 5/04.
The comm led is in solid green and the fault led is off(panel view led).
Im trying to establish a new communication using the RS232 port with a
1747-cp3 cable. But still no success, have the same error, no baud rate and parity
found.

Im trying to establish a new communication using the RS232 port with a
1747-cp3 cable. But still no success, have the same error, no baud rate and parity
found.

The PV's RS232 port uses a straight thru cable.

A 1747-CP3 is a null-modem cable.

I finally communicate with the SLC 5/04 using a 1784-pcm5 AB cable.

Now that you are online with the SLC's DH+ port check to see how the serial port is configured.

Last edited:
and UP-load (and SAVE) the current programs FROM the SLC processors ... there's something weird going on in your system - and you really need to have a current back up copy saved to a disk for each of your processors ...

Done, i backup the programms.
Now the only trouble will be the communication between the
PV and the RsLinx. Does it affect to be connected to the SLC
via RIO while i try to communicate with serial port on my computer?

It is possible, but difficult, to upload and download to a PanelView Standard terminal on RIO through a SLC-500 controller and 1747-SN module.

I recommend against attempting to do so. I would use the RS-232 port on the PanelView with DF1 protocol to upload from the terminal.

Or, you can use a flash memory card to copy the runtime files to and from the terminal. I have had good luck with SanDisk cards under 2 GB, formatted for FAT16, in a PCMCIA Type II carrier.

It is possible, but difficult, to upload and download to a PanelView Standard terminal on RIO through a SLC-500 controller and 1747-SN module.

I recommend against attempting to do so. I would use the RS-232 port on the PanelView with DF1 protocol to upload from the terminal.

Or, you can use a flash memory card to copy the runtime files to and from the terminal. I have had good luck with SanDisk cards under 2 GB, formatted for FAT16, in a PCMCIA Type II carrier.

Im having trouble to communicate with the PV, i guess we got it all wrong ken, the panel view is communicating to the SLC via RIO. So my question is,
is it making me trouble the issue that the PV is connected via RIO with the SLC, or even that it supposed to be able to communicate with RS232 with my computer?