Failed to show RSWHO

gappvembe

I get this popup whenever I open RSLinx Classic Lite.
If it matters/helps it's Revision: 2.54.00.11 CPR 9 SR1

Need register file C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon\RSOBSERVE.EXE

a6tiZ.png

So what does this mean? The file seems to be there...
How can I fix it? :confused:
Thanks

Try registering that file with Windows by opening a Command window and typing "REGSVR32 RSOBSERV.exe".

Is this a new installation of RSLinx ? Any recent upgrades or patches to the Windows XP operating system ?

Contacted my local support rep for Allen-Bradley.
Got it.

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif] [FONT=Arial,sans-serif]1. On the computer click [/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Start-->Settings-->Control[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Panel[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]-->[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Administrative[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Tools[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif]- [FONT=Arial,sans-serif]2. Next, double click on [/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Services[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
3. Look for
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Harmony[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif] in the Services list. Double click on[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Harmony[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif] and then click on the down arrow and change Harmonys[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Startup Type[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif] from [/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Disable[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif] to [/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Manual[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif].

Something like this has happened before, not sure why I couldn't find a solution.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Thanks gappvembe!
I've spent a few hours trying to get my old brick's Linx to work and this was the only solution. You have inspired me to create a plctalk.net account haha.

Glad it helped.
I always try to be as specific as possible and for me pictures and things help. Also following up with what works or didn't work, or a different solution all together not only helps yourself (in case you run into the problem again, like I said being specific helps), but others too. I've solved a few things by just searching already answered questions.
:site:

thanks. This was very useful and saved me a lot time. I last logged in PLC talk on 2011. But I logged in today to thanks you after reading this simple solution....

Contacted my local support rep for Allen-Bradley.
Got it.

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif] [FONT=Arial,sans-serif]1. On the computer click [/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Start-->Settings-->Control[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Panel[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]-->[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Administrative[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Tools[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif]- [FONT=Arial,sans-serif]2. Next, double click on [/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Services[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
3. Look for
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Harmony[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif] in the Services list. Double click on[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Harmony[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif] and then click on the down arrow and change Harmonys[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Startup Type[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif] from [/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Disable[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif] to [/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Manual[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif].

Something like this has happened before, not sure why I couldn't find a solution.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Thanks, just got me out of a bind.

Thank you gappvembe! Solved my mysterious issue.
I had to re-register as I have not been here in a good few years.

Sometimes people turn this service off as it shows up in MSCONFIG under startup as a third party tool. It looks like something that you don't need to most people.

Same problem here! But the thing is... there's no Service named HARMONY in my Laptop. Just today, I was still able to run RSLinx. After I installed an antivirus and a Windows XP update, I can no longer run my RSLinx. Such a hassle.

Same problem here! But the thing is... there's no Service named HARMONY in my Laptop. Just today, I was still able to run RSLinx. After I installed an antivirus and a Windows XP update, I can no longer run my RSLinx. Such a hassle.

Ah, SYSTEM RESTORE... problem solved!!!🔨

Ah, SYSTEM RESTORE... problem solved!!!🔨

I had System Restore cost me a computer. Half way through it popped-up "System Restore caused an error and needs to close"

Then I reopened System Restore thinking I'd use an earlier restore point (I had daily points saved) but then it showed "There are no restore points on this computer"

Then I tried rebooting & Startup Repair started, rebooted the computer 3 times & finally showed "Startup Repair could not fix the problem" and the only thing I could do was power down the computer & head to Best Buy.

Still have that computer on my coffee table but I have never been able to get it to boot & am just putting off buying a new Windows version & do a fresh install after formatting the hard drive - 'cause other than Windows it was a good computer.