Fanuc 90/30 HMI programming

Thanks Steve, I've been calling them "System References". I can look, but can not touch.

just like system files anywhere .-)

Now for the even larger task of trying to make those reference nicknames and descriptions accurate and meaningful. You can imagine that the processes in the future will NOT be the processes used in the past. Plus there is transfer of process control to two other devices that handle specific aspects of the process before returning control to the plc.

Seems complicated to me, but, must be all in a days work for some.

Last edited:
Try "ALT-H" in Logicmaster 90 window for pop up help.

Also..

There a lot of nice %S bits to use...

%S instruction descriptions:

Instruction - NickName - Description
%S0001 - FST_SCN - Set to 1 when the current sweep is the first sweep.

%S0002 - LST_SCN - Reset from 1 to 0 when the current sweep is the last sweep.
%S0003 - T_10MS - 0.01 second timer contact.

%S0004 - T_100MS - 0.1 second timer contact.

%S0005 - T_SEC - 1.0 second timer contact.

%S0006 - T_MIN - 1.0 minute timer contact.

%S0007 - ALW_ON - Always ON.

%S0008 - ALW_OFF - Always OFF.

%S0009 - SY_FULL - Set when the PLC fault table fills up. Cleared when an entry is removed from the PLC fault table and when the PLC fault table is cleared.

%S0010 - IO_FULL - Set when the I/O fault table fills up. Cleared when an entry is removed from the I/O fault table and when the I/O fault table is cleared.

%S0011 - OVR_PRE - Set when an override exists in %I, %Q, %M, or %G memory.

%S0013 - PRG_CHK - Set when background program check is active.

%S0014 - PLC_BAT - Set to indicate a bad battery in a Release 4 or later CPU. The contact reference is updated once per sweep.

%S0017 - SNPXACT - SNP-X host is actively attached to the CPU.

%S0018 - SNPX_RD - SNP-X host has read data from the CPU.

%S0019 - SNPX_WT - SNP-X host has written data to the CPU.

%S0020 - -Set ON when a relational function using REAL data executes successfully. It is cleared when either input is NaN (Not a Number).

%S0032 - - Reserved for use by the programming software.

%SA0001 - PB_SUM - Set when a checksum calculated on the application program does not match the reference checksum. If the fault was due to a temporary failure, the discrete bit can be cleared by again storing the program to the CPU. If the fault was due to a hardware RAM failure, the CPU must be replaced.

%SA0002 - OV_SWP - Set when the PLC detects that the previous sweep took longer than the time specified by the user. Cleared when the PLC detects that the previous sweep did not take longer than the specified time. It is also cleared during the transition from STOP to RUN mode. Only valid if the PLC is in CONSTANT SWEEP mode.

I really like the power of the "Service Request" function in the GE PLC.

Service Request Functions (SVREQ)
Function - Description
1 - Change/Read Constant Sweep Timer.
2 - Read Window Values.
3 - Change Programmer Communications Window Mode and Timer Value.
4 - Change System Comm. Window Mode and Timer Value.
6 - Change/Read Checksum Task State and Number of Words to Checksum.
7 - Change/Read Time-of-Day Clock.
8 - Reset Watchdog Timer.
9 - Read Sweep Time from Beginning of Sweep.
10 - Read Folder Name.
11 - Read PLC ID.
12 - Read PLC Run State.
13 - Shut Down the PLC.
14 - Clear Fault Tables.
15 - Read Last-Logged Fault Table Entry.
16 - Read Elapsed Time Clock.
18 - Read I/O Override Status.
23 - Read Master Checksum.
24 - Reset Smart Module
26/30 - Interrogate I/O.
29 - Read Elapsed Power Down Time.
45 - Skip Next Output and Input Scan. (Suspend I/O.)
46 - Access Fast Backplane Status.
48 - Reboot After Fatal Fault Auto Reset
49 - Auto Reset Statistics

Power should reside with those with knowledge

I look at that list, and see absolutely nothing of any use to me.

What is a "Window value", and what would would be done with one after the machine read it?

Innocence is bliss!

Cal

I really like the power of the "Service Request" function in the GE PLC.

Service Request Functions (SVREQ)
Function - Description
1 - Change/Read Constant Sweep Timer.
2 - Read Window Values.
3 - Change Programmer Communications Window Mode and Timer Value.
4 - Change System Comm. Window Mode and Timer Value.
6 - Change/Read Checksum Task State and Number of Words to Checksum.
7 - Change/Read Time-of-Day Clock.
8 - Reset Watchdog Timer.
9 - Read Sweep Time from Beginning of Sweep.
10 - Read Folder Name.
11 - Read PLC ID.
12 - Read PLC Run State.
13 - Shut Down the PLC.
14 - Clear Fault Tables.
15 - Read Last-Logged Fault Table Entry.
16 - Read Elapsed Time Clock.
18 - Read I/O Override Status.
23 - Read Master Checksum.
24 - Reset Smart Module
26/30 - Interrogate I/O.
29 - Read Elapsed Power Down Time.
45 - Skip Next Output and Input Scan. (Suspend I/O.)
46 - Access Fast Backplane Status.
48 - Reboot After Fatal Fault Auto Reset
49 - Auto Reset Statistics

..[/quote]

Yea...some are a little odd...

I mainly use:

7 - Change/Read Time-of-Day Clock
14 - Clear Fault Tables
15 - Last Logged Fault Table Entry
16 - Read Elapsed Time Clock
18 - Read I/O Override status

Curious and disheartening, No "PRINT TO FILE"

With the references and nicknames united after so much anguish, I thought to move the complete data files into a .txt file so I could view and manipulate contents just as I have done for the "as extracted' ladder listing.

Not to be!

A "No File name" warning appears in the upper left of the LM90 printing screen, a file of the same name appears in the directory folder where it is pointed, but... the content of the file formed is a pair of goose eggs. Yep, just two 00's.

Thinking it was something I was doing (could happen you know ;-) I closed down LM90, and re-entered selecting a second copy of the same extracted data. A "just in case" copy in it's own folder.

Copy to file went just fine. But of course, there is nothing but the ladder logic with references. No nicks, no descriptions.

I double checked just what was selected for printing. Logic, All blocks. reference and nicknames.

I've tried 50 times, to different file locations with differing file names. Each time, the warning comes, the file is formed. But the file is empty.

Suggestions as to what to try next? It's got to be the imported .csv file.

It displays perfectly with the ALT-N button cycling through the different display modes, but the output is no good.

trying to stay cheerful!

Cal

Down near the bottom of the "Print Program Logic" page you use the Tab key to select from among LPT1, COM1, LPT2, COM2, or File as the print destination. Once you have selected "File", on the line just below it you need to enter a file name. It doesn't automatically select the name of the currently open folder.

Down near the bottom of the "Print Program Logic" page you use the Tab key to select from among LPT1, COM1, LPT2, COM2, or File as the print destination. Once you have selected "File", on the line just below it you need to enter a file name. It doesn't automatically select the name of the currently open folder.

Steve

If I successfully print to file from a different program folder, and a new file of the same name and destination as I have entered is formed immediately following the Print to file instruction, do you feel it is a matter of selecting where to output the print, or the file name I have selected? I did try many different combinations.

OH, and a new discovery, If I wish, I can print out the reference tables
00000 00000 0000 etc. They are ALL zeros on start ;-)

And I can print only the header pages.

I should go through and see which single information type causes the choke. Will it be the LOGIC, or the REFERENCES and NICKNAMES or even ALL BLOCKS.

Taking bets?

cheers

Cal

Last edited:
Cal, it seems likeyou need to add a PDF Printer to your list of possible file-print destinations. With that you should be able to print your file to any file name as a PDF file type, then open it with Adobe Reader.

As with any file type, you may be able to print out the file from some particular software package, but you probably cannot then view that print-out using the same program that you used to print it.

Last edited:
If you only specify a file name without including a path in the filename field, Logicmaster will print to the current project folder. Otherwise it will put the file wherever you tell it.

Lancie, Logicmaster is a DOS application and it only offers four printer choices, none which specify the actual printer model, only the port to which the printer is connected (COM1, COM2, LPT1, LPT2). If Cal specifies "File" instead of a port, Logicmaster will print a .txt file.

Lancie!

If the "print to file" process works fine for one folder, why would one need to change to PDF format for another folder that should be the same. That seems confusing to me. I mean, how would you know what output format to use with which folder?

The difference in this case is contained in the imported data, as that is the ONLY intentional difference between my working folder, and the back up of the same logic file.

If you only specify a file name without including a path in the filename field, Logicmaster will print to the current project folder. Otherwise it will put the file wherever you tell it.

Steve, You have me going here.

If I know where I want the file to reside when printed to file. and I specify that same destination directory and file name in the LM90 file name field.

And when I print to file, that same file name arrives at the chosen directory in REAL TIME. How can the method LM90 uses to select file folder destination have anything to do with keeping the Contents of the file intact.

Rereading my posts , I have tried to describe that the FILE arrives, but it's contents are Empty except for a pair of 00's. I can print to file successfully as long as the file does not contain either All Blocks, Logic, or References and Nicknames. have not determined which ...yet.

This applies only to the folder which was ammended through an import of a .csv file that added nicknames to the references. I have No Trouble printing to file the unamended back up data.

I have run into that problem before. But you can define your PDF Printer to only use Port LPT1 or LPT2, so then LogicMaster will be forced to print the PDF file whether it wants to, or not.

Post a screen shot of the Logicmaster page when you attempt to print.

When I print to file using the project you sent me to which I imported the csv file you posted I get everything I asked for.

Well, That is a good sign! Your efforts are appreciated.

What did you ask for? Perhaps if I do the same, I will get the same good result.

It is usually better to build or place all your logic apps as sub-folders under C:\LM90.
LM90 tracks them easier that way.