Fanuc CNC positioning module

tc429

Hi all- first post...I'm doing my first PMC controlled axis on a fanuc 15M-A(Leblond-Makino 4 axis/palletchanging MC with PMC T/C axis), Were ripping out the MMC and putting a short maintenance-friendly ladder back in place of the hidden Pascal stuff...got the basic ladder written/machine running this week, but the toolchanger servo/positioning module is giving me fits...I'm guessing its operated similar to the 90-30 plc's, so any pointers even on these appreciated.
Can anyone out there forward me a minimum basic circuit required just to move a friggin PMC axis? Using both pos1 and pos2 (one at a time of course) instructions, I've got it to ready/release brakes at posdo instruction act, but 3 seconds later it shuts down with no faults(has feedrate/distance/mode data still in status display). I'm sure I've just got something stupid wrong, and If I can just see the thing move at all, should be able to figure it out pretty quickly. I'm guessing the parameters are set wrong(maybe something for the Pascal control?), but the 'jinglish' manual makes no sense on how to set them...

One other minor question, might save some time to ask here- its got a curvic coupled indexer for the 4th axis, using BEUCL/BUCL and appropriate fin signals to verify unclamping/locking, and it works fine- except it always indexes + direction. tried various settings in parameter 1006/7, even if I set it as a linear axis it still +359 degrees if I try to move negative 1 degree...I'll try calling GEFanuc Monday, but am hoping to get this thing up this weekend.

Any help sure appreciated : )

thought I'd better post a 'nevermind' comment...
if anyones interested:
1) pos mod parameters werent set right...called GE, they said have to load parameters via I/O moves(kinda looks that way in the book)...wasnt the case- you can just punch them in on positioning module page of pcparameters, although you have to enter all but the first two(three bytes of bit parameters each) as 24bit binary sum...after figuring out what book was trying to say, it kinda made sense. you can extract parameters from positioning module via reading the rotary switches/leds, but must combine 24bits for the actual decimal number to enter...about friggin silly.
2) parameter 7602 had some extra bits on causing the unidirectional index, and my old book stopped at 5800...GE tech support said to just 'start trying combinations' of bits in 7602...oh well, at least they told me where to look.
my new books have been on backorder since thanksgiving- cost me several days of stressin out banghead