Fanuc IO Mapping and Safety Mapping

Bolatov

Hello Guys
I have an 1756-L73S Controller with a Fanuc Robot mapped as follows:
- In 1756-EN2TR Slot 2 the Fanuc Robot is defined as an Ethernet-Module R01_R1 with an IP 192.168.1.16
- In 1756-EN2TR Slot 3 the Fanuc Robot is defined as an Ethernet-SafetyModule R01_R1Saf with an IP 192.168.1.16
- Both modules have the same IP address.

Physically connections:
- Slot 2 and Fanuc controller are connected to ethernet switch 1.
- There is a cable connecting ethernet switch 1 with ethernet switch 2.
- Slot 3 is connected to ethernet switch 2

I tried to put both R01_R1 and R01_R1Saf in the same slot, but I have an error because both components
have the same IP address, do you guys know how could I fix this?

Your Ethernet safety module can have standard tags as well as safety tags

Multiple connections from the same controller to the same device via different slots sounds like trouble

I may not have understood the problem description properly. You say there are two different EtherNet/IP communication boards connected to the same network with the same IP address. There is one feature in EtherNet/IP which is not mandatory but nowadays most devices support which is called "address conflict detection". If the Fanuc device supports this and what you are saying is right one of the devices should be in IP address conflict status. This would be reported in the teach pendant. Now, if the issue is not supported the system will not work because the EtherNet/IP scanner should not allow you to configure two devices with the same IP address.
Not sure if I am helpful.

Long time ago I worked with a Fanuc robot, and the Logix firmware did not support the "non-safe and safe" connection over the same generic device yet. I remember that the FANUC manual described a technic that you would run a DNS server on the Fanuc robot, and therefore you could add the Generic Safety as the IP address x.x.x.x and the Generic Non-Safety as hostname "robot" on the same EN2T.

That way the hostname would resolve to the same IP address and Logix would accept that. Because non-safe and safe connection are two different things, that CAN work on the same IP address as target device, only Logix Studio does not let you add it while it technically works fine.

The only thing you needed to do to was to enter the Fanuc IP address as the DNS server for the EN2T and configure the DNS server on the Fanuc robot.

Took a while to figure that out.

You'll want to use the AOP downloaded from the RA website to communicate safe and non-safe data with your Fanuc Robot. Fanuc likes to have the SNN set by the PLC and the AOP is able to handle that for you. Otherwise its a exercise in frustration.

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG