Fanuc programing

Jaybird61

New to the site but what I have seen, I think I am going to like it here. Heres my question, I am working with a Fanuc series 90 micro and proficy machine edition for programing, my problem is when I install a off delay timer I cant get my logic equal. It seems to work but what am I missing?

With the Series 90 Micro product line you MUST put at lease one #ALW_ON (%S7) contact some place in the logic to get Logic to be Equal.
Just a quirk of the beast.

RussB, you sound like you've got a lot of GE experience, I was hoping you could comment on this:
I created some low level UDFBs (call them a,b,c,and d) for conveyor and stop control, and created another UDFB (call it X) with multiple instances of a,b,c,d as members. I debugged an instance of X just fine, then created another instance called Y, changed the I/O references, and then experienced crazy behavior. It was like X & Y both shared a common instance of a,b,c,d. The I/O state for each instance had to match for anything to work (ie, part present on both X & Y conveyors had to be true before a stop would actuate and then both stops on X & Y would actuate). Is this something beyond the Proficy (v6.5 on RX3i) capability or did I do something wrong? Thanks in advance, Jeff

Last edited:
This would be better as a new topic.

Are you passing by value or by reference?
Are you only using standard timers - TP, TON, TOF?
Do you see items in the variable declarations like CallInstance.X.a.Input?

New Topic, maybe.

No, I first made a,b,c,d as members of X. Worked fine with the first instance of X, blew up when I created a second instance called Y.

Later, I did try creating unique instances of a,b,c,d for X, Y, and passed them by reference (by value is not allowed with UDTs or UDFBs) but had the same results.

No, only used standard TONs or TOFs.

YEs, everything is visible in the variable menu tree.

Last edited:
Sorry, that's the best I had for now. I don't have a test Rx3i, so I wouldn't be able to create the situation and test.

I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work, so there is an explanation somewhere.

Update to the latest version of PME withthe latest SIM and try it again. There were a few issues with earlier versions.
Today (09/02/12) this is Version 7.0 SIM 12.