Fanuc Robot DCS CIP Safety Questions

Nan

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Fanuc robot, I have a question about the CIP Safety singal setup, please hlep!

The plc is ab l36erms, robot controller is r30ib plus. I already have it configured in the plc program, the connmunication is good.

In the comunication setup, there are two bytes for safety input and output. My question is how can I link these input/output to phyical terminal ESPB, EES, and EAS?

The other job I did use hardwired to ESPB, EES and EAS, so that is the reason I am wondering.

Thank you!

I don't know if this is the correct way to do it with the safety PLC, but if your EAS (usually used for door gates / light curtains) is outputting 24V, then you would come out the robot controller and use it as an input into your safety rated plc, then you would turn on an output from the PLC and come back into the other end of the EAS. Your PLC should have logic that includes doors good, estops good, light curtains/mats good, etc which turn on the output.

Usually though, an estop button would be on it's own circuit also, so you could use EES to cover all your estops via hardwire and no relays/PLC involved.

Again, I don't know if this is the correct way to do it with safety rated PLCs, so hoping other members will chime in, as I'm interested in learning the correct way too.