FB400/900 temperature controlle

choota

Hi guys,
i want to control a steam heater that will adjust the steam valve depending on the temperature of the HFO. I am using FB400/900 controller but i have a problem configuring the controller so as to give the output i want. i d really appreciate any help from you guys.

Thanks in advance

i cant understand the output assignment section. i am using an RTD as input and a relay contanct as output.i am kind of new to these devices and i m having a hard time setting up and deciding which of the available outputs options to choose in this case.
Thanks again.

What is the brand name of the controller?
What is the exact model number (probably 10 digits or more)
What is the link to the manual?

The spec sheet, FB_03E.pdf downloadable from this page,
http://www.rkcinst.co.jp/english/fb/index.html
has a chart on page 7 that decodes the model number.

I interpret your model number as
- heat only (not heat/cool)
- single output relay
- PID control with AT (autotune?); reverse action (for heating action)
- Type K thermocouple input, range -200 to 1372°C

>i am using an RTD as input

That does not agree with the original model number. Have you reconfigured the analog input so the controller expects an RTD input?

>i cant understand the output assignment section

I don't think there's anything to assign. The model has only one relay. The default setup is for reverse action (heating control).

I've never used one of these models but I would expect that if you have a valid process variable input (temperature) and a setpoint, I would think that the controller would attempt to control to setpoint out of the box, modulating its output relay on a time proportional basis (some people call this PWM, pulse width modulation, but in heating applications the pulse are seconds or minutes in duration, not fractions of a second).

Be careful that you are not stuck in manual mode, make sure you're in auto mode. A/M key controls manual/auto mode.

What is the controller actually doing, that it isn't attempting to control to a setpoint?

Last edited:
Finally it worked. i reviewed the event configuration settings and i think the malfunction had something to do with the feedack resistance value, bt i m stil not sure.
Thanx so much you were a really big help.