Festo PLC Codnyses

Robinhood

Hi,
We have a servo actuator gantry system here, powered by 3 motor controllers on controlled by a festo PLC.
Just a few Q's if anyone can help, would be greatly appreciated.
1. Several positions can be stored in the motor controllers, how does the plc tell which motor controller to do what, is it all typed into the PLC Program?
2. Does anyone know any info about CODnyses, do i have to learn from scratch? I have exp in OMRON and Siemens Plce previously.
Thanks for your help

it is codesys made by 3s software in germany.
ask festo they have good starting progs for you.
and here and on the 3s forum too.

Codesys is the newer IEC 61131-3 programming software 6 languages including ladder. Nice once you get the hang of it.Powerful and fast. I have programmed the servo's and steppers. Lots of ways to connect you can do it all hardwired ie binary position and go all movements are stored in the drive. Synchronization with an external encoder is as simple ie hard wired.
I most prefer the Canbus approach so I have complete control - there is a special drive block that handles all your commands.
Tell us what the setup is so we can help better.
Regards.