finding greatest

Terry,

Is there some purpose to the dummy bits at the end of the rungs?

I understand what you are doing but don't see what the purpose of the dummy bits are.

Is it just used as an indicator as to which timer's acc was greatest during the scan?

"Dummy Bits"

Some PLC's require that you actually affect an output even if all you are doing is data manipulation. If I don't need to set "traps" in the manipulation routine then I simply use a "Dummy Bit".

My "Dummy Bit" is C1500. I have many of those throughout the program.

The bit does nothing more than serve the purpose of satisfying the requirement of addressing some sort of output bit.

I suppose I could just as easily use a NOP (No-Operation).

Similar Topics

Hi all, I'm in the process of upgrading a PanelView1200 HMI program to be developed in FactroyTalk View Studio. The filetype for PanelView 1200...
Replies
Views
Hey all, pretty new to PLC and got a question regarding finding the MSB or the last non-zero bit in a SINT array in studio5000... I am reading...
Replies
Views
Having an issue connecting to my Micro820 PLC. I don't have an IP Explorer and I know its MAC Address is 5C:88:16:D8:E6:65. I'm connected to the...
Replies
Views
I have reached a dead end trying to find an EDS file. Manufacturer says to contact third party tech support. Clueless. RSLINX can see it, just...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have an array of 300 of UDT. In each UDT is an array of 3 DINT and another array of 3 REAL. I have 10 controllers that pull data from...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom