First Panel - First CAD work - Criticisms and comments welcome (pictures)

Igus has many types of shielded VFD cable available. I've used cable from the link below for several years with good results for 240v-class servo drives up to 2KW. I think your drive is 25HP, so the cable I linked to is too small but it should give you an idea of what to look for. I needed flexibility for my application, so I went with the Igus flex cable. If you're pulling in to conduit or laying into a cable tray, other cable types may be more cost effective for your application.

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/e...-bend-radius-for-flex-10-x-od-flame-resistant

Also, here's the specific link to Belden's VFD cable offerings:

http://www.belden.com/products/industrialcable/vfd-cable.cfm

-rpoet

Igus has many types of shielded VFD cable available. I've used cable from the link below for several years with good results for 240v-class servo drives up to 2KW. I think your drive is 25HP, so the cable I linked to is too small but it should give you an idea of what to look for. I needed flexibility for my application, so I went with the Igus flex cable. If you're pulling in to conduit or laying into a cable tray, other cable types may be more cost effective for your application.

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/e...-bend-radius-for-flex-10-x-od-flame-resistant

Also, here's the specific link to Belden's VFD cable offerings:

http://www.belden.com/products/industrialcable/vfd-cable.cfm

-rpoet

Thanks guys. I actually have Belden shielded output cable. It's only for a 5HP motor.

I was just trying to figure out if I run all of my VFD i/o in a shielded wrap. I have shielded RS-485 cable, two 0V wires and 4 digital 24VDC wires. Or should I use one shielded multi-conductor cable for all of them?

I was just trying to figure out if I run all of my VFD i/o in a shielded wrap. I have shielded RS-485 cable, two 0V wires and 4 digital 24VDC wires. Or should I use one shielded multi-conductor cable for all of them?

In my limited experience with RS485, it was always in its own cable because it usually followed a much different path than the digital I/O. It should work fine all in one cable if that works out for you.

Yeah. I searched a long time for an AutoCAD replacement and also ended up with this one. I'm always looking for FOSS (say Linux) apps and tried LibreCAD for example. it reads/writes DXF but it didn't work (feel) like AutoCAD. I'm a great fan of typing commands with keyboard and do the actual 'drawing' with the mouse/pointer.
Hmm this almost looks like a rant but what does a man need more than Line, Circle, Offset and Trim? maybe DIM in a while...

Designing is different thing than drawing. AC is drawing application and I don't need even Offset or Trim and not mouse. Arrow keys are enough for me.
I have done 32 years CAEE program for industrial automation.
Now I'm in pension age and my next hobby is do it with Java. Then after it works also in Linux and Mac.

Design starts with "database" manually working as well with CAEE.

We must know every devices and other parameters before work out start construction drawings!

Then, drag and drop equipment from database to construction and field devices cabeling. Symbol files -construction, circuit diagram etc.- are linked in d-base record.

No, we have Cable list, List of field devices and Equipment lists for boxes and cubicles. Eq-lists are coming from construction drawing d-base links.
Construction drawing (as well circuit diagram) is like HTML page with links, not 'stupid' CAD-drawing, appearance is the same.

Last step of designing is diagrams.

Drag and drop from d-base again but x-ref-d-base becourse they are allready designed in constructions and field. Or give only position when application find out it's data record etc...

Application x-ref verifys that every device are in some "construction" and some "diagram" and makes "Error report". It takes few seconds, try do it manually!