Flex I/O 1794-IT8 and CompactLogix

Addohm

So this is a first time I've had no choice but to use Flex I/O with anything RSLogix 5000. I've got everything up and running, but the values I am seeing are definitely not representative of the real temperatures I should be seeing. Has anyone set up a system with this combination before that could give me some advice? I have 26 thermocouples I am reading temperatures from on an extruder. At room temperature I see about 33 degrees, which if it was celcius would be pretty damn accurate. The problem is that I have the input set as Fahrenheit so I am not sure it's really an issue of units. I can see the values raise and lower with applied heat to the TC. Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

you probably already know this - but you're going to have to "send stuff" to the module with an MSG (Message) instruction to "configure" it for your specific thermocouple type, scaling range, etc. ...

here's a link to the manual - just in case you don't have it handy ...

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1794-um007_-en-p.pdf

if you've never done that type of operation before, it would be a good idea to post your ENTIRE RSLogix5000 project - and give us the specific details of how you want this piece of the puzzle set up ...

by the way - are you going to use Universal Remote I/O (blue hose) - or ControlNet - or something else? ... we can't really give you any detailed answers without knowing that type of information ...

Last edited: