Flex IO 1794-OF8IH setup examples, 8 ch HART analog output, similar to OE4??

rollex

I have been tasked with adding 2 analog outputs via flex IO to a SLC 5/05, the SLC currently has the following IO via a 1747-SN remote IO scanner

Rack 0
1794-OB16
1794-OB16
1794-IB16
1794-IB16
1794-IB16
1794-IB16
1794-IB16
1794-OE4

All of rack 0 is addressed via the I: file

Rack 1
1794-IE8
1794-IE8
1794-IE8
all of rack 1 is addressed via block transfers as per the manual

Now for some reason the engineer has specified a new 1794-OF8IH (8 ch HART analog output) even though we only need two more analog outputs and definitely do not need HART.

Would it be simpler if we replaced the OF8IH with an OE4 ??

Here is the flex IO manual which has examples for the IE8 and OE4
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1794-um002_-en-p.pdf

Here is the manual for the OF8IH
http://pdf.datasheetarchive.com/indexerfiles/Datasheets-SW3/DSASW0053043.pdf

Now the OF8IH manual has no code examples and I am unsure how to set it up with spending lots of time reading through it and comparing the two modules, would the code examples for the OE4 work, if not can someone get me started, unfortunately I do not have the card here and cannot test until we have a 2 day shutdown, would it be safer to swap the card for an OE4 ?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated! :)

Last edited:
I think he wants to know who the engineer was that specified the 1794-OF8IH. And blimey you are up late isn't it time for fourty winks mate.

I'm in Australia, the engineer probably picked the first card they found.

So any suggestions, I'm feeling a bit out of my depth especially with no hardware to test with.

Turns out this card is not compatible with the rack and have reissued a OF4I

We have a rockwell support contract so I've asked them to supply some code examples.

Has anyone else here written code examples for the block transfer for an OF4I?