Flip Flop

Here is a Micrologix program with 9 different alternator (so-called "flip-flop") methods. These are logic methods, not built-in pre-programmed instructions. In other words, you have to write the logic that creates the functions.

Much thanks

Wow, I have been here for five years, and never saw Archie's favorite...
That is sweet.
For a pure standalone flip flop I will have to use that in the future,thanks.

I use a similar looking rung, not on Lancie1 pdf, but it ends with latching instructions to survive power cycles, and allow external mechanisms to manipulate those bits (multi-hmi systems).

pieAce! (pictures of flip flops pending AA lithium regeneration rate).

When converting these rungs to use Micrologix PLC addresses, I somehow shifted the Pushbutton Input on Rung 002, Method 3. The switch has to be directly left of the Counter. I have corrected it in the last EDIT posted.

I use a similar looking rung, not on Lancie1 pdf, but it ends with latching instructions to survive power cycles, and allow external mechanisms to manipulate those bits (multi-hmi systems).
Paul, Post it, and I will add it on as "Okie's Favorite"!

Last edited:
LOL, okay. I just put win7 on this machien and have zero plc stuff here...i spent 1/3 of Aug. bandwidth on the UFC last night...awesome fights, too, so it may be a few days before I can screnshot it. My laptop took a dump, so now it's tethered to my projector in the livingroom at home being demoted to DVD player...so, I should spend a day indoors setting up a wireless n-twork, but today is the first rain in 43 rays, and I am going to play in it!

pieAce!

we hve been polite
DID YOU FIND THE DOWNLOADS? - FLIP FLOP is definitely there

You wont get a job in this industry if you ask people to do your work for you.

You Better QUIT YOUR DAY JOB !!!!

I am a 24 yr Electricial Contractor in resi/comm construction, and service and repair. I am 53 yrs old ! Unfortunatly Too old to get into another career, but am having fun learning a little about PLC's.
If I was to do it all again, I would have pursued Industrial type work, and automation etc.

probably more than you wanted to know ...

Greetings dronai ...

quick question: do you just want to "see" a flip/flop in action? - or do you want to really "understand" what's going on under the hood? ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=427567&postcount=1

warning! ... this lesson uses 346 lines of text to describe (in gruesome detail) the operation of one "simple" rung ...

party on ...

Last edited:
so do you just want to "see" a flip/flop in action? - or do you want to really "understand" what's going on under the hood? ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=427567&postcount=1

I work on sump pump systems sometimes, and they have an aleternating relay in there to do the job. I was trying to work out, how to program the PLC to do this. Or even a simple 3-way switch with logic

By the way, I watched your great series on Youtube 1 thru 11 much thx.

I am a 24 yr Electricial Contractor in resi/comm construction,...
Droni, You may have as much work in that area as anywhere else. It is hard to say now which will recover first. I think we are in for a long hard low-job decade.

Last edited:
they have an aleternating relay in there to do the job. I was trying to work out, how to program the PLC to do this.

well, there are MUCH easier ways to get that done than by using the "teaching" rung that I covered in the lesson that I linked above ...

By the way, I watched your great series on Youtube 1 thru 11 much thx.

you're welcome ... I'm glad that you found them useful ... if you have any specific questions about them, feel free to post them here ...

Droni, You may have as much work in that area as anywhere else. It is hard to say now which will recover first. I think we are in for a long hard low-job decade.

There I attached it. Yes I have enough work to keep me going. Just bored of the same old thing.

Then I stumbled onto an electrical forum, and realized there's a whole other side of electrical work, that I didn't know.

So in my free time I started studying ladder drawings, PLC's, and chatting with Industrial electrcians, trying to get a chance to get into some control wiring job possibilties.

I did go through an Electrical maintenence school, NEC, Theory, and motor controls 20 yrs ago.

So in my free time I started studying ladder drawings, PLC's, and chatting with Industrial electrcians, trying to get a chance to get into some control wiring job possibilties.
Good start. Do you have access to a Micrologix 1000 PLC?

That was an actual job, Single phase service, that required a Rotary Phase Converter, that had to run 5 seconds before the actual 25HP 3 phase pump could run.