floating points

withead

lm moving two motor x and y with floating numbers using mitsubishi fx.once i have the floating points calulated where do i put the output for the motors .

sorry for not giving enough inform last time , lm doing this question see below at the moment and i am only getting used to plc programing.i have the x movement solve and the floating point for Y done but i dont know where to put the outputs
A fixed position plasma cutter is used to cut a circle of diameter 2m from a flat steel
plate by moving the bed to which the plate has been bolted.
The X and Y movements of the bed are controlled by two servo-driven motors.
The co-ordinates for the centre of the circle are x ¼ 2:5m, y ¼ 2m. Produce a ladder
diagram program, which will enable the plate to be cut.
Hint: Let the distance the bed moves be incremented a distance of 50mm every 0.1 sec
from its datum position (0, 0) to its maximum value and then decremented 50mm
every 0.1 sec back to the datum position. The corresponding Y movement being
determined, using Pythagoras theorem.

There is not enough information in the data provide to know how the system is being controlled and thus where the positioning information should be sent.

If you wish, provide information regarding the setup of the PLC system.

lm moving two motor x and y with floating numbers using mitsubishi fx.once i have the floating points calulated where do i put the output for the motors .
If the motor drive take a voltage input then usually you need to compute the velocity for x and y and convert that to a voltage -10 to +10v. There is no mention of how you expect to compute a velocity. If you move y as a function of x the cutting speed will not be constant and may be too fast.

The FX is probably not fast enough to do these calculations anyway.

You should look into getting a real motion controller that has these kinds of programs 'canned' so all you need to do is change some variables.

See this
http://www.deltamotion.com/peter/Videos/Ellipse.mp4