Force Comms refresh between CompactLogix and PanelView Plus 600

bgtorque

Is there a way of forcing the comms to re-establish between a CompactLogix Controller and a PanelView PLus 600 HMI from RSLogix / RSLinx or FactoryView?

I have a situation where when I upate a HMI application and load into the PanelView, when it is booted up all I get for tags read from the PLC is ??????
I cna normally resolve this by powercycling the PLC and/or the HMI. THe trouble is in certain installations it is almost impossible to get round the back and power cycle when things are mounted in cubicles against walls, etc. There must be some way to enact a remote force or reset or even power cycle????

Hi

Try downloading and do not check the box for replace the communications

Try that as you download the last path you saved otherwise and this may
Be what is happening

Donnchadh

Just recently I downloaded a new mer to a PVP and it automatically rebooted it for me when it was done. There are too many variables to be sure why this time of all others it decided to start doing this (new laptop, different type of PV to normal, another OEM's setup...) but the one that seems most likely to me is thatI was downloading remotely via a VPN. I'm not sure how the transfer utility would know this, but anyway...maybe if you do some digging there's a way to force it to do this locally as well?

But before you get that far, all of your PV applications should have a shutdown or configure mode button on them for this exact purpose. Usually password protected, of course :)