FP SIGMA- Decimal to binary

jh96

Hello, i am doing my final project and it require me to convert decimal to binary.
For eg.\
Everytime the sensor is sensed the counter need to count up in decimal, then also convert the counter to binary or hex value ( 4 outputs ) from plc.
im using 74ls247 decoder chip too.

i am able to connect sensor to plc and also plc to my segments.
but still unable to count up in decimal then convert to binary!!

PLS HELP ME ITS URGENT :((((

Let me explain further, so others can follow.

What you say you want isn't really what you want. ;)

I assume you're using a counter to process the input. On the FP Sigmas, this is in decimal (true binary).

The 74LS247 is a BCD (Binary Coded Decimal) to 7-segment decoder. BCD is not the same thing as binary. BCD takes each digit and places it in a 4-bit group.

For example, Let's say your counter reads 42.
Code:
Binary stored in the counter separated into 4-bit groups for readability:

0000 0000 0010 1010
Code:
In BCD, it would look like this:

4    2
0000 0000 0100 0010
The excerpt from the manual I previously posted will help you with the conversion.

Hope this helps, and please let us know how you get along! :)