Free AdvancedHMI has been Updated - Now with Ethernet/IP driver

Do you know if it is possible to have 2 plc,s connected to 2 comm ports on a computer and have a set of controls on a form for each plc in advanced hmi to control each plc. I tried to do this but in the properties box of the DF1COMM1 & DF1COMM2 I could not select different comm ports.
The DF1Comm uses a shared Data Link Layer so that components can be used on multiple forms and still go through the one communication component. The side effect of this is that everything wants to channel through one com port. You can get around this by going into the DF1Comm.vb code and removing the word Shared from the following line of code:

Code:
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]'* Create a common instance to share so multiple DF1Comms can be used in a project[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Private[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Shared[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] DLL [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] DataLinkLayer[/SIZE]

If the Data Link Layer is no longer a shared component, multiple forms will not be possible unless you connect the components to the communication driver (DF1Comm) through code. This is just a limitation of the VB environment that I have not found a work around for yet.

Needing some help. Can someone send me the links to software downloads. I followed the instructions on youtube but my crappy computer and crappy user skills are keeping this download from jumping out of the screen. Thanks a million. Can't wait to start learning this as it sounds awesome.

Micrologix 1400: Failed to get processor type

I am having trouble connecting Advanced HMI to a Micrologix 1400 PLC with the EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroCom1 driver. When I try to run the HMI the digital meter reads "Failed to get processor type". I'm using Advance HMI V3.98d.

I am having trouble connecting Advanced HMI to a Micrologix 1400 PLC with the EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroCom1 driver. When I try to run the HMI the digital meter reads "Failed to get processor type". I'm using Advance HMI V3.98d.
If you run RSLinx on the same PC, does it show the PLC in RSWho? What is the IP Address of the PLC? Did you make sure the IP in the properties of EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroCom1 matches the PLC'sa ddress?

Thanks Archie for getting back to me. I had the incorrect IP address in the communications driver.

Could you recommend any good resources for the development of communications protocols for the Micrologix series PLCs? We would like to develop HMI across a wide range of devices/platforms.

Thanks again!

I work for an OEM and we use AB HMIs and a range of the Micrologix PLCs. Whatever we use will be part of our product line. I wouldn't feel right using Advanced HMI without your clearance. Plus we would like to also develop on other non-windows platforms.

I work for an OEM and we use AB HMIs and a range of the Micrologix PLCs. Whatever we use will be part of our product line. I wouldn't feel right using Advanced HMI without your clearance. Plus we would like to also develop on other non-windows platforms.
AdvancedHMI is licensed to be used on any equipment, including OEM, as long as the full source is distributed with the HMI. This is equivalent to allowing the end user to upload a Panelview program.

AdvancedHMI has been tested on Linux as well as MAC iOS. There are some threads on the AdvancedHMI forum showing examples of this.

If you wanted to write your own drivers, plan for 3-6 months of a well experienced driver developer to have a version ready for testing. You will need the DF1 protocol manual.