Free USB pen drive from Allen-Bradley

CT782 said:
It's alot heavier than I expected.

That's just the added weight of the built-in transmitter.

It's used to call the AB mothership to report pirated Rockwell software on any computer it's plugged into... lolis

beerchug

-Eric

Just don't forget:
This USB PEN is for Ethernet/IP Promotion.
Everyone who got it must now try Ethernet/IP - did you read a fine print? :p

Ha, I was just writing a smart a$$ comment about not getting my pen drive yet and my wife says "Is this the pen you've been whining about? It came the other day and was in the stack of mail for you to look at." I never look at the "Stack" of mail. Always insurance EOB's, bills and other nonsense. She should know better than to put something this important in the "Stack". BTW, it is pretty cool, thanks for the link to it Contr_Conn.

dale

Living in Cleveland within few miles from A-B Mayfield Heights Landerhaven Palace I know some friendly guys there...

When the tire plant indoctrinated me on GE Fanuc, I tried to fight against three new machines coming into my area with PLC5's. I had over 300 9030's. The AB's were gonna be $25,000 each out of my budget, while I could take a 9030 for $2,300 and do more, have proportional control, and a second serial port (without an additional $5K cost.

Big meeting, 25 or more in Illlinois, and unknown number in Ohio on the speaker phone. Meeting lasted about two minutes. Basicallly, are voice on other end introduced himself, he said the AB representative would be there shortly, "their" regional office which was in the plant across the hall from the Goodyear Engineering office.

I was told to quit while I was ahead. I just now realized 8 1/2 years later, that meant "RESIGN". After that point, it was downhill all the way.

I am sure there are a lot of really nice people and really friendly people at AB. I am just always against the big guy, like CAT, (who I have contracted to many many times). I just don't like three piece suits, marketting degrees, etc. Send me omeone with field experience.

Will I be one of the 500?

Probably not.

Will I be bitter?

No.

Will I complain?

Probably!

Will I still consider a ML1000 on the next small project?

With FREE software, YOU BETCHA!

regards all.....casey

On the other hand, my 166 mhz vacuum tube confuser don't even have a USB port.

I bought a USB only printer on sale last summer, had to give it to the wife. But then, she did give me her old computer.

Last edited:
I feel terrible, Casey still doesn't have his pen and I got mine (16 miles from Glasgow) this morning. :oops:

I totally forgot all about it, can't wait to get home and check the lottery numbers. (y)

The worst of it is... I don't even use AB :oops: , just trying to get into RSLogix5000 just now... 📚 🔨

kc9ih said:
like CAT, (who I have contracted to many many times).

Did you ever get to Peoria? Johnah's is THE place for seafood and cajun (around these parts, anyway). I still get withdrawl pains. And, there's a little Italian place just off of War Memorial Drive that's just as good!

I hope you get your pen, Casey. If AB's been watching, they should have gotten some free advice from you in the past.

AK

AK, ya know there are no GOOD cajun restaurants in Milwaukee!! I've only been here 2 years, but I've been unable to find a great one.

There's Crawdaddy's, which to me is marginal at best...went there once and the service was lousy and the food was just ok. Talking with the locals here and doing online searches don't seem to pan out anything good.... :confused:

GregPLC said:
There's Crawdaddy's, which to me is marginal at best...went there once and the service was lousy and the food was just ok. Talking with the locals here and doing online searches don't seem to pan out anything good....

You're not kidding. Crawdaddy's is OK, but you've got to go to the Chicago area to do any better.

I did a search once for cajun restaurants in my area (south 76th). I came up with "The Big Easy," and couldn't figure out why that sounded familiar. It's the lunch-counter style chain in the mall!!! It's more like chinese buffet, with cayenne pepper.

There is a pretty cool sushi place (one of two in the area) in the strip mall on 74th St. If you're into that...

AK

Since Greg and I have taken the thread here anyway, I thought I'd share an story.

While in Peoria, my coworkers decided that they would be staying in town long enough to warrant an alphabetical restaurant crawl. The goal was to have dinner at a different place each night (in alphabetical order, from the phone book), then rate the restaurants on the "Hard Hat" scale. They even kept a map on the job trailer wall to mark the favorite spots. Once they found that Italian place, the search ended, though. You can't beat a place where you can just walk in and ask the cook to treat you (no menu required).

If somebody has web space available, WE ought to keep a list for this forum! Most of us travel. It could be useful.

AK

kc9ih said:
Was the Italian restaurant Avainti's?

I asked one of the guys who was with me. I think the name started with a 'V' or 'P'. He suggested that it might have sounded like 'Del Veccio's,' and that sounds a little familiar. I'll have to do a little research. Maybe I'll start a new thread when I figure it out.

Big Al's? We never went there... At least, not officially. ;)

AK