Frequent malfunctioning of Hitachi PLC and ROM

AB2005

Dear friends;

We have 8 PLC modules of Hitachi brand H-Series H302 CPU2 03H. The ROM cassette ROM2-16H is separately inserted in PLC own rack. We have been facing a problem that PLCs or ROMs are being malfunctioned frequently. We have installed UPS for there power supply but still we are facing problems. We have replaced 4 PLCs and ROMs up to now. Is there any idea to prevent such damage? Is such Hitachi PLCs having some kind of inherent problem?

IMG00047-20110118-1122.jpg

Hello AB2005,

Worked a lot with Hitachi PLC's at my former employer.
Not the series you are mentioning, but H200 and H252 and EH150.

We always used EEproms on the first two, and never experienced problems with them.

In my opinion they are pretty rugid.
(We once had an installation in which water has been pouring down from the cabinet ceiling all over the PLC. After it all dryed, we powered up again to see what the damage was, and off he went again. Maybe lucky, but still..)

Regards,

Frank