FT View ME parameter passing

rfzheng

I inherited a project in which a ME application displays process measurements (temp, pressure, flow, etc) on a PanelView Plus display. The data are sourced from tags hosted on a 5069-L330ER controller. I searched both the FT View and the Studio 5000 project files but could not figure out how cfg_EU and cfg_Label got passed on to the display objects. I checked... the tags in Studio 5000 Logix Designer were not defined with any of these extended properties filled out. The FT View Studio project contains no parameter files, and all display objects needing EUs and labels were set up to use placeholder tags, which were connected to the process tags on Logix controller by reference. In otherwords, the EU and labels are not stored in the graphics objects.

What did I miss? Is there another place in the Studio 5000 project that keeps tracks of tag propertes such as cfg_EU? Please help. I am new to Logix and FT View programming. Thanks!

Software versions:
Studio 5000 Logix Desiger 35.0
FactoryTalk View Studio 13.0

In the Explorer pane of your project, check out the System Folder, Global Connections, Display Tab. They may have used the Parameter List Option. Also, the GOTO buttons that open the display is where the parameter files or lists are called, so check the General Tab of those property pages.

Note: The help button on the property pages is also very useful to open the correct location of the help file.

Good luck with your project and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the tips. I checked... The parameter file and list fields are all empty at System/GlobalConnections/Display. The parameter file/list fields at the GOTO buttons' General properties tab is also empty.

When the application runs on PanelView though, the display populates with the expected engineering units and labels - so somewhere in the project this info must be stored. I have made sure I am working with the actual programs by uploading and restoring the runtime. So it is not a version issue.

Really need some help here. I need to update this existing program but don't want to break the data connections.

Are the GOTO buttons normal display change buttons? I wonder if they're doing the heavy lifting inside the PLC with intermediate tags. Can you share the PV project?

OK I figured it out. The Cfg_EU and _Label properties are stored in the controller's Studio 5000 project. The path to them for edits is:
[Assets/Add-On Instructions/P_AInAdv/Parameters and Local Tags], then toggle "Data Context" to the specific instance of the P_AInAdv object, e.g. PT01. I was previously confused about the extended properties which contains EU and Label entries. They were all empty but I now understand that the FT View ME application does not use these extended properties.

Consider this thread closed. Thank you for all who responded! I am still learning.