FTV+ 6 HMI Tag Bit Level Address

ian.smith7

Hi All
I Have an App running on a FTV+ 6 screen. The program is developed on FTV Studio V7 & the runtime is compiled in V7.

Is there a way to address a HMI tag to Bit level from another HMI tag.
I am sure I saw this in one the many manuals but cant find the reference.

Block transfer of Push Buttons
HMI_PB_Tag
(Analog Type Integer, Min=0 Max=0, Scale=1 Offset=0, pointing at an Integer word in SLC500)

The Following is the Tag for the individual Push Button
(Type=Digital, Target=Device)
HMI_PB_Tag.0
HMI_PB_Tag/0
HMI_PB_Tag\0

When creating The PB Tag I use the browse button and navigate to the HMI folder containing the Block transfer word then manually add the .0 etc

but all I get is a Not found error at runtime
Is my syntax wrong?
Do I need to create a shortcut pointing back into the HMI?
cheers
ian

Last edited:
You can't get to the bit level of an HMI tag.

Create a new HMI tag using the SLC tag address
ex. [shortcut]N7:0.0

If you are only going to read from the tag, then you could use the below expression.
HMI_PB_Tag & 1

Thanks for the reply arlen
I have already reworked my program to use a direct tag reference but Im still struggling to get it working with the added complication of a parameter file.
Its a push button Input to the PLC, hopefully have another look today.
Ian

Last edited: