FTV Popup Priority

AMarks95

Is there any way to lock a popup to always have the highest priority? i.e. the user cannot click off of the popup until they address the popup.

I have 2 popups, the second being called from the first. If the user clicks "past" the second popup, back onto the first popup the first popup comes back into focus and the second one is "lost" behind it. Then when the first popup is closed, the second popup is now shown because it was just hidden behind the first one.

You can set it as On Top and "Cannot be replaced". That will force the window to remain open and On top until they close it. They could still click on any open windows behind it and interact with them. You could define its position and don't allow the users to move the window by turning off the Title bar.

OG

The simple solution here was to use a macro with the "Close an On Top Display" Global Connection to close any open confirmation popups (the second popup) when the first popup is closed.

So, startup macro for the first popup is a clear macro (set Close_On_Top = 0) and the shutdown macro is a close macro for the second popup (set Close_On_Top = 5 where "5" is the display ID of the second popup).

Not exactly what I was looking for, but it gets rid of the extra confirmation popups if they exist.

Last edited:
Oh I get it. The real intent was to make sure the second pop-up wasn't left open when the first pop-up closed. Makes sense. That wasn't the result I was trying to get to. Glad you got it solved.

OG

Oh I get it. The real intent was to make sure the second pop-up wasn't left open when the first pop-up closed. Makes sense. That wasn't the result I was trying to get to. Glad you got it solved.

OG

I guess that's one way to look at it. The confirmation popup is what actually writes to the tag, so if there were say 5 confirmation popups open behind the first popup and the operator closed the first popup and those 5 popups remained open the operator could still change the value of that tag with those popups.

My first thought was "don't let them navigate away from the second popup until they address it."

Ideally, only one instance of that confirm popup would be open at once and it would have to be addressed before closing. I had purposely covered the button that launches the second popup to try and limit it to one open instance (which is the same thing that I did with the first popup), but in this case that's easily defeated by clicking off the second popup to bring the first back into focus (which is not possible with the first popup because it's "on-top" and the display behind that is "replace") and then launching additional instances of the second popup via the same button.

Last edited: