FTView ME Transfer Utility Error

rankhornjp

I have FTView Version 11 running on Windows 10 and I can't upload or download to any Panelview. I get the "Source selected is not a valid device" error. Most of the Panelviews are 6s or 7s and are running version 9 firmware. I have 20+ Panelviews and I can't upload/download from/to any of them, but I can see them in the list and in RSLinx and I can ping them.

MEtransferUtilityError.PNG

I have FTView Version 11 running on Windows 10 and I can't upload or download to any Panelview. I get the "Source selected is not a valid device" error. Most of the Panelviews are 6s or 7s and are running version 9 firmware. I have 20+ Panelviews and I can't upload/download from/to any of them, but I can see them in the list and in RSLinx and I can ping them.

I had this problem a few weeks ago after a Windows update. I upgraded the standalone Transfer Utility to version 12 and then installed the most recent patch rollup and have not had problems since.

One coworker reported the same issue, resolved the same way. Another has not had the issue at all.

Oh boy, I've been here. I've been meaning to make a video on how to solve this because it is easier showing than typing.

On your PanelView Plus, delete the RSLinx Enterprise setup (restore default). This will allow you to download again, after you fix your application, described below:

In your application, right click on FactoryTalk Linx and delete the server (one level above Communication Setup). Then right click on the 2nd item in the tree (it will have your application name) and add a new FTL server. Re-create your shortcut. Re-download your application.

I tried to get RA to add how to actually fix the application to their technote, which only describes how to temporarily "fix" the PanelView, to allow another download. If the application is not fixed, then you are in the same boat after the very next download.

I had this problem a few weeks ago after a Windows update. I upgraded the standalone Transfer Utility to version 12 and then installed the most recent patch rollup and have not had problems since.

One coworker reported the same issue, resolved the same way. Another has not had the issue at all.

Thank you! This fixed my issue.

Thank you! This fixed my issue.

You're welcome.

What dmroeder referenced can indeed cause that error, but that affects individual panels. With 20+ Panelviews all suddenly showing the same issue simultaneously, the cause is much more likely on the PC end.

You're welcome.

What dmroeder referenced can indeed cause that error, but that affects individual panels. With 20+ Panelviews all suddenly showing the same issue simultaneously, the cause is much more likely on the PC end.

Solid point.