FTview Se track changes to input field

mrgees100peas

Hi,

I have some numeric input fields and I would like to track whenever a change is made to them. For example if an user changes temperature set point from 100 to 150. It would be nice if there was a screen that said:
John Smith changed temperature set point was change from 100 to 150.

The only way I've been able to get something close to it is using diagnostics but I don't get the description just a "Write 150 to [PLC]N100:50. Previous value was 100. Not exactly descriptive. I also tried using alrms and events but can't figure how to work with non digital type data. Everything is <>0 or =0.

FTView SE ver.12
PLC 5 (yes! 5)

I would like to welcome you to the horrible work of User Accounts and Runtime Security. You can have each person log into the project upon shift change and set user accounts in Users and Groups, be sure to configure their access in security accounts. Additionally, you can enable the "Require E-Signature" on Numeric Input properties, if this temp setpoint is a sensitive topic. You can easily monitor every key stroke in Factorytalk Diagnostics Viewer if there's a process upset/troubleshooting.

Unless you just want to have a logger hanging out on screen, then idk, prob creating an event in the alarms&events and adding a logger object like you were thinking.

Good luck!