FTVME HMI Tag problem

kevinc69

I was about 9/10 done building a new HMI program using both HMI tags and direct reference tags. I was testing it to make sure all of the bugs were worked out of it when one of my screens locked up. I exit out of the application test and when I opened it up again, I quickly realized that all of my HMI tags had quit functioning, but the direct reference tags still worked. I checked the addressing on my HMI tags to make sure that they were still looking at the correct shortcut in linx and they were. I can replace an HMI tag with its direct reference and it will work, but that will take forever. Does anyone have any idea what might have caused this? Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Your post suggests that the HMI tags were working prior to the crash, amirite?

In FactoryTalk land, if an application crashes, something will be broken and you will have to reboot your machine.

That is correct, I had tested my application several dozen times over the course of the build, and they were working....I tried rebooting.

OK, so this is Rockwell for you. I had left the application test open while I went to lunch, and when I came back, all is working again....