FX-2N with GX Developer Calling MITSI Experts!

Sorry it took so long to respond.

You are correct about selecting timers based upon the preset time base. We generally use the 100MS timer and scale the HMI value to a d-word (eg d200) in the processor to add the extra zeros.

I think you are correct about the subroutines. It appears that you can create subroutines and in fact you can but only in the higher level processors (ie the "q" series) Since GXdeveloper is for the whole line, some of the options don't work in the FX series.

ABtechs example of pointers works as well as the use of STL/RET.

These are ways of creating pseudo subroutines but not in the way that you are used to with AB stuff.

Be careful with them and test them thoroughly since they may not act the way you expect.

As far as the RS232 card, I'm not sure. I have one floating around the office but I have never used one.

Marc

Thanks chaps

As far as the RS232 (or 422 or 485) card, these need to be initialised in the ladder.

All done now and just waiting for the G3 cable so i can get em talking!

Simple but take time..

I have experience with replacing AB by Mitsubishi in some mixer machine.
Pay attention in Input X ,Output Y ( all octal number)
that means x0-x7, then x10 .....
If some complex program...such as sub routine call function ..
I think very easy with GX...(better than medoc that can not simulate without plc )
(depend on your time with this brand too)
For Gx develloper you can try by force on/off input and output
You can select a differrent module for mitsubishi such as A or FX series..
also,there are nice function in sequencial function chart that
can reduce the ladder diagram....This is very useful from my little experience...

One more if you use notebook without serial port you can use
USB to serial port adaptor with Mitsubishi PLC.
(about 15 US dollar)

Last edited:
I dont know if someone can help me, but I didnt found the original cd of gx dev in our plant, and our backup on the server seam to be missing some files.

I have on the newdxdev711/GX Dev/ only Data1.cab and DATA.tag files.

Can some one can tell what is the files is missing. Our laptop crash and we need to reinstall on a new one, but it look that set-up files and other is missing.

Thanks.

Last edited: