GE 90-30 HHP cable??

elevmike said:
In my opinion there should be a direct link to the manual, for any product, on the product page.

I agree, but my opinion is not worth much with GE Fanuc web designers.
I preferred the old ftp site were we could get any file.
It looks to me like they are heavily influenced by the legal department.
So, I have decides to make the best of what I have, that means learning how to use the site as it is.
Give them a couple of years it will change again.
This is one of the small "value adds" that I can *give* my customers.

Russ, My frustration is over & now I have my bookmarks set etc.. so I dont want to dwell on it too much longer.

However some manufactures need to take a look at and glean a few basic concepts on web site design from other manufactures. In most cases with most sites selling products of this nature, Data Sheets, Manuals & other Tech info doesnt require heavy searching. Sites such as Viking, Omega, AutomationDirect, and even the Rockwell brands make an all out effort to spill this info onto your desktop.

Time is money, and the time required to get the info one needs to use the product is a large component of the overall value of the product. In this age, the support website is a major component of the composite value, and should not be treated as a mear afterthought.

Even though I find the folks at Don Blackburn rather plesent, I really shoulnt need to talk to them that much...

I agree! But as a distribtor, I tell my customers that if they cannot find what they need/want in a reasonable amount of time to call me. I will get them the answer(s) on my time. If we can not do these types of things we are not needed, then I'll need to go job hunting again.
I will admit, it can be tough competing with some of the web sites out there.