Ge 90-30 Vb.net

FuMan5

I know I'm not the first one to ask this, but I would like some up to date feedback. I would like to use vb.net to communicate with GE 90-30 PLCs. I'm not new to vb.net, but I'm new to PLCs. I know I would have to buy an activex controller or write my own. Other than that I don't know how to do it. Also, I don't understand how the PLC communicate through the opc's. Feeback would be great!

The GEFComm application that you mentioned in your PM is an old VB5 or VB6 application, but I'm sure it can easily be imported into VB.net. Send me you email address via PM and I'll send it to you. It's a 1.5 meg zip file, and the archive includeds some .exe files, so make sure your email server will let it through.

Similar Topics

Hi. We've been asked to do an upgrade on plant, consisting on a PLC upgrade. This involves replacing a 1747-SDN module to a 1769-SDN, in a network...
Replies
Views
Anyone have a idea of what would cause a failure of all nodes (buckets) of an AB Device Net MCC upon a power cycle of the main feeder for that MCC?
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have above mentioned VFD which is communicating to my control logix(L62) plc using devicenet DNB scanner(plc side) and 20-comm-D card...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a s7-1200 and I would like to read the tags present in this controller with my controllogix controller. The two controllers don't use...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am looking to migrate some of our Electronic Overloads off of a Troublesome Devicenet Segment. Is there any documentation confirming the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom