GE 9030 Programming Package

shaulapto

Hi,

I was asked to make some modifications in a GE 9030 application.
The application was developed by another company using Versa Pro Version 2.4 and contains ten ladder sections and one STL section.
I bought the Proficy Machine Edition Version 5.50 in order to do the job and also get the 4 days free tryal Versa Pro.
But before I get to work I would like to know if there are any
issues of compatibility between the two packages (Versa Pro and Proficy),e.g. if it is possible to download the Versa Pro application using Proficy,make the necesary modifications and upload back to the 9030 using Proficy.And also if after making
modifications with Proficy someone else can still use Versa Pro to access the 9030.

Thank you

I never really liked the cimplicity version so I reverted back to Versa-pro, I had alot of problems using cimplicity,tech support was inadequate to say the least. Your best bet might be to use the versapro to upload the project then save it to disk,make the changes needed then download.

To find out, I just connected a computer running VersaPro to a 90-30 CPU351 running a program that had been created with Proficy ME. I created a brand new folder with VP and uploaded the logic and the configuration from the PLC to VP with no problem.

I would advise you to make backups with both software packages before making changes. In the past, I have encountered problems with losing the text of rung comments when I uploaded from the PLC to the computer running VP.

You can do exactly as you say, snatch the program with Proficy, make changes and reload it. It's the only way to get "logic equal". I haven't tried going back'ards, but GE's newer products know what you programmed with, so even with VersaPro, you would be able to grab the program but wouldn't have Logic Equal.

shaulapto said:
Hi,
I was asked to make some modifications in a GE 9030 application.
The application was developed by another company using Versa Pro Version 2.4 and contains ten ladder sections and one STL section.
I bought the Proficy Machine Edition Version 5.50 in order to do the job and also get the 4 days free tryal Versa Pro.
But before I get to work I would like to know if there are any
issues of compatibility between the two packages (Versa Pro and Proficy),e.g. if it is possible to download the Versa Pro application using Proficy,make the necesary modifications and upload back to the 9030 using Proficy.And also if after making
modifications with Proficy someone else can still use Versa Pro to access the 9030.Thank you
You should have no problems doing this. GE Fanuc has (so far) made an effort to allow this back-and-forth through a PLC, in fact this is the only way. Just be aware that you may lose some 'Names' and 'Descriptions' for new variables.
Once you get used to Proficy ME you will not want to go back. The online cross-reference to all variables alone is worth the change.